This is an easy peasy dish with an impressive sounding name. This is personal recipe of mine that I have tweaked over the years. I often bring it to potlucks because it is simple to make and a crowd pleaser to boot.
Yields: 24 servings, Hands on Time: 30 minutes, Refrigerator Time: 1 Hour
-12 hardboiled eggs
-6 ounces crabmeat (Phillips lump crabmeat preferred)
-1/2 cup mayonnaise
-1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (Grey Poupon preferred)
-2 tablespoons freshly minced parsley as garnish
-1 teaspoon sugar (more if you have a sweet tooth)
-2 tablespoons finely chopped celery (optional)
(1) Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Separate the yolks from the whites. Only half of the egg yolks will be used. Save or discard the unused portion.
(2) In a bowl, mash the yolks with a fork into powder form and add sugar.
(3) Stir in the mayonnaise and mustard.
(4) Add in the crabmeat and chopped celery. Mix well with fork.
(5) Refrigerate for 1 hour to let all the flavors come together.
(6) Spoon into the egg white halves and sprinkle with parsley.